Eurobass II requires Kontakt Player 5.8.1 or later. If you already satisfy this requirement, proceed to Step 2.
Install Kontakt Player & Native Access
Click the link to proceed to the download page.
The other link offering free sounds is not required for this product. Download them if you wish.
Run Native Access. It may need to perform an update, in which case follow the prompts.
You have a Native ID account.
You have installed Native Access.
You have Installed Kontakt Player.
Download And Extract Eurobass II
Below is an ideal folder structure.
Authorize Eurobass II In Native Access
Enter your serial number.
Click 'ADD SERIAL'.
It will not accept anything other than the folder named 'EUROBASS'. Ensure you select the exact folder, not the parent folder or drive. See images below.
You have authorized EUROBASS in Native Access and it appears in 'Installed products'.
Using Eurobass II
A small number of our users have experienced the following issues, and these are the fixes we have found to work in each case.
Native Access fails to activate EUROBASS. I get the error message:
"The serial number does not belong to a known product".
1. Navigate to the following directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center
2. Delete all the .xml files in there.
3. Restart Native Access.
4. Your serial number should now be recognised and acceptped.
EUROBASS does not show up in the Kontakt Library window. Attempting to load the library manually fails.
1. Open the standalone version of Kontakt.
2. If the library is displayed in the standalone version, click the NI logo in the top right hand corner of Kontakt to display the about screen. You should see version 5.8 or higher.
3. Return to your DAW and open Kontakt. Click the NI logo again, and inspect the version. Chances are you will see an older version.
This issue is due to the preferences settings in Native Access. This area allows you to set the install path for the plugin versions of Kontakt. The path listed here is different to what the old version of Kontakt was installed to. Your DAW is scanning for plugins in a different location, and finding and loading the old version of Kontakt.
4. Locate the folder your DAW is scanning for plugins. Delete the old Kontakt files listed here.
5. Open the folder Native Access has been set to install plugins to. Move the Kontakt files from here to the folder in step 4.
6. Restart your DAW and load Kontakt. You should now see the library.
7 (optional). Set the install path in Native Access to the correct path, to avoid this issue in future updates.
If you have confirmed that both the standalone and DAW version of Kontakt is version 5.8.1 or higher, and you are still unable to load the library, contact support.